Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Au Pair Vacation- New Hampshire

Every Au Pair has the right to have two weeks off each year she's been living with her host family. Some decide to take one week off at a time. It all depends on the family needs. In my case, I asked the Kelleys if I could take both weeks off at the same time since my mom was coming to visit me. They were very understanding and arranged everything so I could take the two weeks off, and even invited my mom to stay at their home with me. 



After talking to my host family I scheduled my mom’s flight and on summer of 2008 she landed in the USA for the very first. She was so brave crossing the continent not speaking one word in English just to see me! I was so happy! 

Unfortunately, I was also really stressed out taking care of four children, and I might had taken it out on her a couple of times (which I immensely regret), but we had really good times. We had a great time! Besides, my mom is the sweetest person and keeps saying it is her favorite trip, the one that will always have a special place in her heart. Most because she was very proud of me for being independent, managing four children and speaking a different language. Plus, Boston is BEAUTIFUL!




 Truly, it was an amazing trip as we enjoyed the beautiful Boston Common, visited Harvard, MIT and Charles River, and road trip to Cape Cod, New Hampshire and New York. These last two were an adventure! In New Hampshire we decided to take a tour at the Castle in the Mountains, in Moultonborough. We parked the car and on we went to explore the castle. We had a picnic, took some pictures, then we decided to take a trail on our way back to the car. I thought if we kept following down the river we would get to the car, but I guess I was wrong because we ended up lost. When we finally reached the road we were way too far from the spot we had parked our car, and from the castle entrance. So we walked up the road until we found the entrance, where a nice old lady offered to drive us back to our car. My mom and I still laugh every time we remember that day.













While in New Hampshire of course we couldn't miss the beautiful lakes! I was so excited for a splash after a long winter. If you have lived or visited Boston during winter you probably know what I am talking about...





Soon I'll be posting more about our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment