Thursday, November 13, 2014

Comfortable

Today, a friend of mine posted a really cool video on her Facebook page. On the video the same question is asked to several adults and children: "If you could change one thing in your body, what would it be?"

The nature of the answers teach us a lot about being confident and comfortable in our own skin. It is a truly beautiful, touching message.


This video came to me in a time when I am not fully happy with myself- body and spirit. I know our bodies play a crucial part on Heavenly Father's plan, and He gave us one to be happy and righteously enjoy experiences in this mortal life. 

I know we should be grateful for our bodies, take a good care of them, and have the courage to change whatever we are not comfortable with. On the last General Conference, Elder Jorg Klebingat taught us:

"Our soul consists of your body and spirit. Feeding the spirit while neglecting the body, which is a temple, usually leads to spiritual dissonance and lowered self-esteem."

I love this talk. You can read/watch his entire talk HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment