Monday, April 27, 2015

Payson Temple Open House

Last Saturday we took Giovanna to visit the new LDS Temple in Payson, Utah.
The temple is beautiful! Everything in there - walls, mirrors, paintings, etc - points us to Jesus Christ and reminds us that we are a covenant people.


The Utah Payson Temple will be open to the public until May 23th. ANYONE can go and walk through the temple. Church missionaries will be there to answer any questions. 

Reserve your free tickets HERE.

When the open house period is over the temple will be dedicated and only members of the church who hold a temple recommend will be allowed to enter. 




 My favorite thing about temples is the knowledge I have that my family can be together forever! Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said:

I don’t know how to speak about heaven in the traditional, lovely, paradisiacal beauty that we speak of heaven–I wouldn’t know how to speak of heaven without my wife and my children.  It would not be heaven for me.  Now, you can say that’s wishful thinking; or you can say that’s  just because you love each other and you’ve gotten cozy here on earth and you like each other’s company.  It’s a lot more than that.  There is something eternal in the statement that ‘Neither is the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man, in the Lord’ (1 Corinthians 11:11). That isn't just good sociology–that is theology.  It is eternal.
And I feel exactly the same way.