Thursday, October 26, 2017

Just keep your faith

My mom lives in Brazil and every time I talk to her she has tons of bad news about its poor economy, corrupted government, violence and so forth. That makes me really sad and depressed. Brazil is a beautiful country with so much potential, it just deserves better rulers.

At the same time I feel deep gratitude in my heart for living in the U.S which gives me and my family peace, quality of life and everything my girls need to grow into smart and independent women. Because of that Ale and I believe the least we can do to show all our appreciation it is to live our lives under the law and keep -at all costs- our legal status in the country. And trust me, this has been so far the most difficult thing to do since we got here in Utah about nine years ago. 


We had plans and most of them were washed by the storms that came into our lives during all these years. The plan all along was to have Ale in school, get a job under his OPT after graduating, hope for a possible sponsorship who would extend a job offer one year later, and live our happily ever after with our kids and dogs in our own home. 

Unfortunately, that didn't happen for us and for so many we know who live in the very same situation. Ale graduated last December. He had applied for several companies and all of them have turned him down. His OPT is about to expire in a few months, and we have no money to keep neither him or me in school. 

Every time I think about going back to Brazil, my family encourages me not to go! They say it would be horrible for us, specially for the kids. Deep down I know that.

We are in a very difficult situation right now. More difficult than any other we've been before. But I feel stronger than ever. I keep my faith in Heavenly Father. I know He can talk to me and direct me to the right decision that will lead us to fertile places filled with joy, because He loves me and every member of my little family. He wants us to be happy, I know. 

So if you find yourself in a hard situation like me, I suggest you to keep your faith. Heavenly Father is aware of each one of us. He will bless us in the right time if we just keep our faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment