Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Giovanna loses her third tooth

Welcome Spring!

On the very first day of Spring my brave girl went to the dentist to extract one of her baby teeth. As I have mentioned before her permanent teeth were already popping out even before her baby ones have fallen. Since it was taking forever to fall, we just took her to the dentist to get it done.


She did great. At first she was happy, then scared, then relaxed with the laughing gas, then scared again, then the tooth was out. The procedure was really fast, and Dr. Segura was amazing! He talked to her and made her laugh the whole time.


I was concerned about this visit. I remember first time my mom took me to the dentist to extract my baby tooth for the same reason as Giovanna. I cried the whole time and didn't let the dentist touch it. He got really upset and everything was very traumatic. I was old enough to still remember everything like it was yesterday.

Gladly, Giovi had a good experience. Much better than mine! I think she will handle just fine if she needs to return for another extraction. But if you ask her if she rather pull out her tooth herself or have the dentist do it, she says she wants mommy to help. Oh, boy!


And just for the record: tooth fairy never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment