Friday, September 14, 2018

Fire alert


This morning I woke up to a strong smell of smoke. I had gotten an earlier message on my phone that fire weather had been extended to my area, but I didn’t connect the dots until Giovanna came back home from school saying she had inside recess because of the “fire in the mountains”.

A fire had stricken in The Pole Creek and Bald Mountain. About 5000 people have been evacuated in Southern Utah County. Elk Ridge, Woodland Hills and the Covered Bridge area in Spanish Fork Canyon are currently under mandatory evacuation. Parts of Spanish Fork, Payson and Salem are under pre-evacuation advisories. 



With the high wind, low humidity and high temperature, the fire is expected to grow north and east through Sunday. The air is smoggy and my eyes and nose are killing me. Authorities have been urging people to stay inside. I don’t wonder why! Emergency preparation, water and food storage have been also encouraged.

As the fire hasn’t reached Provo and Orem city boundaries, we pray for a change on the weather and RAIN!

*P.S. We also pray for families in North Carolina’s coast who’s been affected by Hurricane Florence. 

May Heavenly Father bless us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment