Friday, November 9, 2018

Just like when we were kids

Since the day my mom and sister said they were coming I was looking forward for our Festa Junina together. We planned a party to celebrate my sister's birthday in June 24th and mine in June 8th. 

When we were kids my mom used to throw a Festa Junina birthday party for us. Every year was the same theme, same cake and same outfits. My mom would invite friends from our neighborhood and we would eat popcorn, rice pudding and other typical foods. It was our favorite time of the year!

When they got here we scheduled a day and invited some friends over. We decorated the house, and my mom baked and frosted the cake just like the one she did when we were kids. All the kids wore typical clothing my mom sewed specially for this occasion. For Giovanna and Bianca my mom reproduced the same dresses we wore on our birthday parties. We all ate, danced and shared this beautiful tradition with people we love.













No comments:

Post a Comment