Friday, January 25, 2019

Mary

Since the new adjustments announced by President Nelson on the last General Conference, every week our family get together to study the new Come Follow Me curriculum.
"As Latter-day Saints, we have become accustomed to thinking of "church" as something that happens in our meetinghouses, supported by what happens at home. We need an adjustment to this pattern. It is time for a home-centered church supported by what takes place inside our branch, ward, and stake building".
The focus of our study has been the New Testament. These three past weeks we've been learning about Jesus birth and His mission, John the baptist, and miracles. 


Our weekly study has been so special! The girls love it and they always look forward to sit down and learn. I usually show them pictures from the stories we are learning about, then I ask questions and we watch one or two movies related to the lesson.

This time together has been easier and more pleasant than I thought it would be. I remember when President Nelson announced the changes I got a little overwhelmed, specially because I had no idea how to involve Bianca who is only three (an energetic three year old) on our studies.

I am so proud of my girls. They love learning about Jesus, and they remember every lesson. It is the cutest thing! Today I asked Bianca what she was playing. She had dressed up as young Mary and pretended her little dolly to be baby Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment