Tuesday, April 9, 2019

189th Annual General Conference

This past weekend we had the opportunity to hear from our beloved prophet and from disciples of Jesus Christ. I love General Conference weekend. It is my favorite time of the year, and I am so happy my girls are growing to learn and appreciate General Conferences as much as I do.


They watched to the sessions and took notes on their Conference pack the Primary president gave them last Sunday. I also took notes like I do every General Conference.

My favorite talk from Saturday morning session was from sister Becky Craven, second counselor on general young women about being careful instead of casual while living the gospel of Jesus Christ. She said: "casual effort can lead us to wrong paths. There is not a right way to do the wrong thing. Standards don't expire, they apply to all of us all the time. Although, we may not be perfect we can be worthy".




On the Sunday morning session President Nelson gave a powerful talk. It was my favorite. I know he is the prophet of these last days, and I am always on the edge of the seat to listen to him. I love and respect him deeply.



He concluded his talk with the following words:

"Now, as president of His church, I plead with you who have distanced yourselves from the church and with you who have not yet really sought to know that the Savior's church has been restored. Do the spiritual work to find out for yourselves. Please do it now. Time is running out".

His worlds touched my heart deeply, and I hope to have the courage to align my daily life with the teachings of our prophet, and help my family do the same. I know he speaks directly from God. And I know (I know!) time is approaching when we will soon see our brother Jesus Christ again.

No comments:

Post a Comment