Thursday, May 30, 2019

Summer break is here!

Today is the last day of school for Giovanna. It was a good school year, but Giovi is ready to enjoy her summer break.


Every year, on her last day of school she brings tons of materials home. Since I can't keep them all, I usually scan them, save them in a external hard drive, and throw all the papers and textbooks away. I just keep some really cute things she makes, like cards, art works, and portfolios.

Sometimes, in the midst of piles of papers I happen to find something I haven't seen before, like a birthday invitation Giovanna got from her classmate a few weeks ago and I never RSVP because I never saw it until today.

I can't imagine how it will be when Bianca starts bringing school papers home too.



Anyways, we had some mix feelings today saying our goodbyes. Some friends will move to a different school, some teachers will be moving out of state. You know, our family should be pro by now on saying goodbye since we’ve moved so much (and probably still will), but we never seem to get used to it. It’s just too sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment