Monday, November 9, 2020

Build-a-bear - Covid-19 days 237-239

This weekend we took our girls to the Build-a-bear store. It’s been a while since Giovanna asked to go there to check if they still have a Lalaloopsy doll.

It turned out they not only still had it but also was offering “buy one get a second one for $10”, which explained the long line to just get into the store.


After forty minutes deliberating about what to choose and what could not be chosen at all (I mean, $15 for a bear’s outfit??) the girls picked their bears (Giovi didn’t get the Lalaloopsy doll), then we waited about forty more minutes for our turn to stuff them.


The girls were really excited with their fur friends, but I confess we left the store with mixed feelings about our experience.

Ale simply hates that store. He thinks it is a waist of money. We had some tears after I said I wouldn’t be buying any outfit. And at some point I just wanted to head back home.

I promised the girls I would sew some beautiful outfits for their bears Cutie and Sweet. That’s their names, and they even have birth certificates.


No comments:

Post a Comment