Monday, January 11, 2021

Weekend- Covid-19 days 300-302

 I am guilty of watching Bridgerton in one sitting. I spent my Saturday watching to the eight episodes of the first season. I had to fast forward several scenes, but the story is very engaging. I have to say though I really wish the series was PG-13 rated. It would be perfect.

At night, I took the girls to the library without knowing it would close in about half an hour after we got there. But we were able to check out a few books. 

I've decided I will pick one book each week of each state in the US to read to the girls. By the end of the year they will have learned about the fifty states of the United States of America. We are starting with Alaska.

On Sunday, we did our sacrament meeting and we discussed about the first vision, how prophet Joseph Smith teaches us about faith and prayer through his example, and how we can pray faithfully to Heavenly Father and receive answers from Him.

I still love our home church, and I am sure I will miss it when we are back to our normal church services.

Have a good week you all.

* * * * * * *

This past Saturday marked three hundred days since Covid-19 hit us. Threehundreddays!!! That is crazy! So many people have gotten infected, and good people have died along this tough journey.

-More than half of our ward got infected. We lost hermano Gumercindo Morales.

-Several members of my extended family in Espirito Santo, BR got infected. They all recovered well.

-We lost dear friends in Brazil: the couple Mario & Regina Emerick (Elder Soares mentions about them on the April Conference), and Daniel Carvalho. People who have impacted my life in the best way. They will always be remembered and missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment