Thursday, April 3, 2014

Arts, Time, and Disney

I've always looked forward to decorate my wall with paintings, drawings and arts of my children. I'm so happy and grateful for having a healthy, active, smart daughter. I love doing any type of project and activity with her. It's my duty and joy help her develop skills, improve abilities and discover herself.


In times where TV and video games have become more attractive than books and toys, or even playing outside, I think it is important to teach them how to be creative and industrious. Giovanna loves anything involving messes, so we have a lot of fun painting, playing with bubbles, play dough, and cooking.


Today we made a countdown calendar to our trip to Disneyland. I had this idea after Giovanna kept saying she wanted to go to Disney "right now". As the days go by she places a sticker on the calendar until the big day.


With this calendar I am being able to teach her how to be patient and wait the right time to have things. Also she is having a little notion of what a calendar is.

No comments:

Post a Comment