Thursday, September 25, 2014

Family History

A few months ago we had a family history consultant from our ward over to help us start our family history. First thing brother Sobreira said was "family history is about temple service".

Adding my deceased uncles, aunts and cousins names to my family tree and being able to officiate for them at the temple opened up a whole new sense of what family history is really about. I've been having such a wonderful spiritual experiences that have helped me to strengthen my testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I remember talking to my mom after having brother Sobreira at our home the night before. I hadn't mentioned anything to her about his visited when she started talking about a strange dream she had had also the night before with my deceased uncle Isaias. She said he was so happy  in the dream, and he would hug her, and talk to her about how our mortal bodies will be in its perfect form again. 

On that moment I knew my uncle who had passed away long ago had received AND accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ, and was patiently waiting for his family to officiate for him in the temple so he could receive the fullness of the gospel. 

Today, when I was adding some new names to my family tree and requesting ordinances for the deceased ones, I cried. And every time I'm in the temple officiating for each one of them I also cry tears of happiness. I know I have a big responsibility in doing my family history.

I feel humble. I feel grateful. I feel loved by my dear Heavenly Father. He knows me, and He has entrusted me in so many ways and I hope not to disappoint Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment