Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Gratitude

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others".

Last Saturday our family started a new tradition. Every day each one of us will say something we are grateful for. It's been only a few days but it has been already a really up lifting experience! Listening to my 6 year old saying she is grateful for her life, for temples, and for the gospel of Jesus Christ has been teaching me a lot.

Gratitude is an amazing thing. Sometimes we are so caught up dealing with problems of our daily life we don't stop to think about all other great things we should be thankful for. But once we start thinking about everything good we have, our life becomes much more happier and fulfilling. 

I have to thank a dear friend that in one of our conversations shared a personal experience about gratitude and made me realize I have more than a thousand reasons why I should be grateful. 


Today I am grateful for these two girls who light up my world with their laugh, their love, and their pureness. I am grateful for them today and always.

"The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life". 
- Pres. Joseph F. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment