Monday, November 5, 2018

Giovanna gets baptized

My (forever) baby girl is not a baby anymore. Last week she turned eight and this past weekend she was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


In our church children who reaches an age of accountability (eight years old) are invited to accept Jesus Christ's invitation in John 3:5- "(...)verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God".

We are so proud of Giovanna! When bishop Moncur asked her why she wanted to be baptized she promptly replied: "Because I want to live with Heavenly Father again". I am grateful for the knowledge our family has that the only way to return to our loving Heavenly Father is through baptism in His church.


The morning of November 3rd Ale who possess the priesthood authority took our beautiful Giovanna to the baptism waters to be baptized by immersion just like Jesus did in the Jordan river.

Her baptism was really touching and beautiful. The Spirit was so strong even Giovanna dropped some happy tears while people who loves her very much shared with her sweet words and testimonies.

Giovanna is sure a special daughter of Heavenly Father. She is the sweetest girl and her heart is gold. She is loving, compassionate, friendly, calm and beautiful like a sunset. We love her deeply and we feel blessed everyday for being her parents.












Mom crossed stitch a baptism pattern specially for Giovanna. Nana Zete beautifully sewed it to her baptism towel.







After the baptism we invited friends and family to celebrate this special moment with a beautiful Pioneer themed party my sister prepared with all her love and creativity. She baked all the cakes and ordered the decoration all in wood, and my mom handmade each sheep, Pioneer girl, and party favor for this event. They are amazing! My sister also took all these amazing pictures.

I was very emotional the whole time. It is a special moment for a mom having her children choosing the right path and being baptized. My mom and my sister being here with me made it all even more special. My heart is full of happiness and gratitude.
 




















Giovanna's baptism photoshoot HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment