Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Lullaby


Last night, like many other nights, the girls asked me to sing a song before turning around and closing their eyes to sleep. Giovanna asked me to sing “Eu gosto de ver o templo” (I like to see the temple), and Bianca asked for “Passarinhos”. My girls are the third generation to listen to this lullaby every night before bed.

“De manhã ao ver o sol, vejo os passarinhos pelas hortas a saltar,
Sempre alegres a cantar, alimento a procurar para os seus filhotes.
De tardinha ao por do sol voltam para os ninhos,
Seus filhotes a guardar, seus olhitos a fechar,
E por certo vão sonhar lindos passarinhos”.

My mom used to sing us this song every night. My sister and I would make her sing it at least three times before bedtime. I am so happy I have my children to sing to and pass on this beautiful tradition. They love this lullaby as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment