Thursday, February 21, 2019

Au Pair Vacation- New York

I was so excited to take my mom to New York! It would be my my third time in the Apple City and my first time visiting the Statue of Liberty. My host family let me borrow their van and off we went to New York City babe!


It usually take four hours to drive from Massachusetts to New York, but it took me a little longer specially because I drove in circles at least three times (and had to pay for three tolls within half hour). Arghh! Finally, when we got to our hotel we grabbed our keys and went up to find a smelly, cold, old room. Hotels in New York are so expensive! After much search I found this one for $100 for a single night.




Hotel Pennsylvania is huge and the view from our window couldn't be uglier. The good part was its location- we were in the heart of Manhattan and close to everything, just a few blocks of Times Square. We didn't even need the car to explore the city. We walked everywhere and just took the subway to visit Central Park.






 My My mom was so excited she took pictures of everything (and everyone). I still remember this lady confronting me at McDonald's because my mom took a picture of her. It was a really scary moment and after that she didn't take pictures of (exotic) people in NY anymore.



The next day we left the hotel and drove to New York Harbor to see the Statue of Liberty. On our way there I:

-spilled hot cocoa on my white shirt
-bumped into a police's car while backing up
-smashed one side of my host family's car trying to park in a parking garage

Also, parking garage in New York is ridiculously expensive. I paid $60 to park all day. 

Besides all shortcomings we had an AMAZING day at the harbor. We visited the Ellis Island Immigration Museum, then we spent the afternoon in the Statue of Liberty monument. The weather was pleasant, the sky so blue, and my favorite person was with me (in New York City!!!). I will never forget this trip.









On our way back to Massachusetts I got lost (of course), but we made safely home.

About the car, my host family didn't mind. They were worried if we were okay. Such a good family!

No comments:

Post a Comment