Thursday, August 8, 2019

Mayas

I am still feeling sick- my body ache is gone but my throat hurts, and after twelve hours I’ve taken my medication I start with fever. Last night my fever was over 102F. But, during the day I was feeling okay, and the weather was okay, so I drove the girls to the Museum of Peoples and Cultures to see their exhibition about the Maya weaving.


We went through each gallery while Giovanna answered some questions on the booklet available for kids at the museum. We learned about how Maya’s descendants keep their tradition alive by weaving huipil and wearing them in special occasions like weddings and religious cerimonies.

I personally love Mexican huipil and how they are wonderfully embroidered. I still want to buy one for me and one for the girls. My mom brought so many cute stuff from Peru that resemble a lot the Maya culture. I honestly think we all should go to Mexico, enjoy their beautiful beaches, and buy some typical clothing.



After the museum, we find a nice shady spot to have the yummy lunch we had packed. Then since we were already on BYU grounds we also visited the Monte L. Bean Museum. On our way back home we stopped at Baskin Robbins to have ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment