Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Giovanna goes to Orthodontist

 

My beautiful Giovanna might need to wear braces. On her last appointment at the dentist Dr Mandelaris referred her to an Orthodontist to have her gums checked. He suspects her gums are swollen because of the two permanent canines that are coming out.

Today at the ortho the doctor showed us a x-ray of her mouth. She has at least three issues going on in her little mouth. Her top and bottom permanent teeth are trying to come out completely out of place causing problems on the permanent ones that have already grown.


The first step to fix it will be placing a maintainer on top of her mouth to help freeing space for other teeth. But in order to do that Giovi needs five teeth pulled out in the next couple of weeks. She was first excited to wear braces and now she is scared.

I know it won’t be easy. I wore braces for several years and I know by experience it is not easy and far from comfortable. But I have promised Giovi if she really needs braces I will help her in every step of the way. I know she can be even more brave than she already is.

No comments:

Post a Comment