Thursday, February 27, 2020

Fabrics

Today I shared a fifteen minute lesson at Bianca’s preschool. For these last few weeks they’ve been learning about fabrics. I thought it would be fun to bring different types of fabric that are used to make costumes in Brazil.


I brought dresses and skirts vovó Zete has sewed for the girls. We talked about prints, sizes, shapes, then I explained to them how these clothings are worn in different celebrations in different parts of Brazil.

After the lesson I let the girls wear the skirts and we danced quadrilha and carimbó.

Despite of other people might think or say, for me being part of my children’s academic life is really important and a top priority. I always volunteer at their schools when I have a chance, and I enjoy doing it. And I know they like me to do it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment