Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Spanks


Bianca’s been grounded for the past five days for not listening to the teachers, and for not being nice to her friends or her sister.

I don’t know about you, but around here sometimes talking, explaining, asking, and patiently waiting for changes don’t work. And that’s when major action needs to be taken.

Today, after hearing Bianca’s teacher complain about her behavior in class (AGAIN), and after her bad attitude with me, I told her that as soon as we’d get home she would get spanks. And she did. 

I don’t like spanking my kids, I mean, what mom does, right? But, unfortunately, sometimes that is the only thing that seems to work.

Bianca was really sad (and so was I), and she sincerely apologized for not being good, and for “giving me a hard time” (her own words). I forgave her, and we talked about how she needs to be a good girl and respect her family, her teachers, and her friends. 

After this episode she started listening better, and playing nicely with her big sister for the rest of the day.

Hopefully, tomorrow I’ll hear good things about her at school. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment