Friday, August 21, 2020

Electric guitar pinata- Covid-19 day 159

 Okay. I like reusing my girls birthday pinatas and transform them into something new.

I have transformed a cupcake pinata from Bianca's first birthday into princess Elena of Avalor pinata for Giovanna's sixth birthday.

This year I tried turning Bianca's last year's whale pinata into an electric guitar.

First, I cut the tail and placed it straight back into the body. Then, I ripped out all the crepe paper off the whale.

Next, I cut the edges of the tail to shape it into a guitar head. Then, I taped some pieces I had cut back into the tail covering the holes.

Lastly, I cut red and black crepe paper into long stripes, rolled them, and lightly shredded the edges to make a fringe.


 

After gluing the fringes, I used cross stitch thread and pom poms to make the strings and the tuning pegs. Then, I just decorated it with some fun Queen Barb prints.

I confess it took A LOT of work, and time, and energy, and in the end the result wasn't what I was expecting.

I mean, the whale still looked like a whale, despite all my efforts to make it look like a guitar.

But, all my time and energy were paid off when Bianca gasped with excitement when she saw her guitar ready. I love my little girl!

 

Plus, the kids had a lot of fun hitting the pinata. I just wish I had taken a picture of Bianca holding her guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment