Friday, July 14, 2017

Elena of Avalor Piñata

Last year I threw a Princess Elena birthday party for Giovanna's 6th birthday. Many people have asked me where I bought her Elena's piñata. 

Now, while there must have plenty of beautiful Elena's piñatas out there, they are probably very expensive too. So since I had the cupcake piñata from Bianca's birthday (yes, I saved it!), I decided to transform it into princess Elena.

Here is a little tutorial in case you have a cupcake pinata around your house and would like to transform it into a princess too:


First rip out the crepe paper as much as you can from the cupcake. Since you will be using the top of the cupcake as the base, leave the crepe paper as it is to give more support when you put the candies in.


Next, start to cover the cupcake with red crepe paper. I used regular glue since crepe paper is so easy to work with.


Then, add some layers to make it look like a real dress. The first layer needs to be long enough to cover the white part of the piñata:


Once the bottom is ready, it is time to start working on her body. First I printed a B&W Elena to test. I resized on Microsoft Word a picture I found on the internet. It has to be a good quality picture, otherwise it won't work when you resize it. Also, when cutting it, make sure to cut all around her hands so you can glue the crepe paper on her dress. Like this:



Next, cut a card board to glue your Elena printing to make her nice and thick. I used a piece of one of our old moving boxes. Remember you have to print your Elena as a double sided image!


Once the printing is attached to the card board, set it aside. Grab the lid. At this point you can decide if you want to cover your lid our not. It doesn't make difference since the dress will cover it anyways (I only realized that after I had already cover it, so...). 

After covering it (or not), attach a rope to the top of the lid by making two holes on it with a screwdriver or anything you have in hand.


Now, grab your Elena printing already attached to the card board and glue it to the lid. Use hot glue gun to glue it. Then glue the last layer of her dress starting from her waist, and going all around.


Your Elena piñata is almost ready!!! Put the candies in it and don't worry about being too heavy. We put A LOT of candy and held it just fine! 

For the last part, my super husband placed four cable tie around the piñata to hold it really good. You can use three or even two if you want the kids to knock it down faster. Ours took a while!


And that was my final result. I can't wait to see yours! Feel free to post a picture of your pinata in the comments bellow, or if you have any questions about this tutorial.



I hope you like this tutorial and have lots of fun at your party!

No comments:

Post a Comment