Friday, February 19, 2021

Parent Teacher Conference- Covid-19 day 341

Bianca’s been home these past two days due SEP Conferences at school. On the beginning of the week I received papers with the girls’s grades, and a form to sign up to Google meet with their teachers.

I checked Bianca’s DIBLES score and they do not look very good. But since I was already expecting that because of the emails from IEP and Special Education Services, I decided not to meet with her teacher this time.

On the other hand, we scheduled a time to talk to Ms Johnson to talk about Giovanna’s poor performance on her homework and a few tests.

She was doing good, and now it feels like she is moving back, forgetting old concepts, not retaining new information, and acting really discouraged.

I am not sure what is going on, but it’s been HARD, specially today when we kept telling her to go back and redo her math about five times.

I am still concerned about her cognitive development. Tomorrow I will call her pediatrician.

In the meantime, the world out there seems to be upside down, with virus, winter storms, floods, and so forth.

I’ve been praying for people in Texas who’s been hit with power outages, and are fighting to keep themselves warm and alive.

These are the last days indeed. I pray for guidance in what to do and how to do it in order to be prepared temporarily and spiritually and to help my family do the same.

I can’t stress enough how grateful I am for a living prophet and his guidance through revelation coming directly from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid”

-John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment