Friday, July 16, 2021

Clinical Part II- Covid-19 day 487

Today and tomorrow will be my second and last days of clinical. We will be helping the residents at Stonehenge skilled nursing home.


The experience so far has been so different from Spring Gardens. I really had to “roll up the sleeves” and get to work. I helped giving showers, bed baths, changing briefs, and  transferring residents from bed to wheelchair to back to bed to walker.

It was a LONG shift and I stayed on my feet for over eight hours, walking back and forth on their long hall. I’ve taken Ibuprofen as my feet and lower legs h.u.r.t. But it was such a rewarding experience.


We cared for acute residents, some of them contaminated with C-diff infection. We wore our PPE when entering their rooms, and I was able to use the skills I learned in class, like properly and safely putting on and taking off the PPE.

Tomorrow I will probably be caring for long-term care residents. Hopefully my feet will wake up feeling less sore. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment