Friday, July 9, 2021

Clinical Part I- Covid-19 day 481

 Today I woke up in the morning excited to go to my very first Clinical at Spring Gardens Senior Living. I was the first one to get there and I was greeted by a Mtech coordinator. 

The facility is very well maintained and the residents are really happy. Our group of students were divided into two groups to work in the two sides of the facility. My group stayed with residents who suffer from memory loss and dementia.


They are wonderful. I was so happy to be able to interact with them. Unfortunately, our time with them didn't last long. We got a notice to leave the building since they found out the facility's housekeeper was tested positive to Covid-19. 

After over a year, we are still fighting this virus. I can't believe it.

Next weekend we are scheduled to help in a skilled nursing home. They also had an outbreak of the virus a few weeks ago. We are still waiting on the okay to visit with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment