Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Skin Cancer- Part II

 Today was the day of my surgical procedure to remove the skin cancer on my back. Ale asked to work from home this week so he could stay with the girls during my procedure and to help me afterwards.

He gave me a priesthood blessing before I left to the doctor’s office. It was a beautiful and touching blessing. He asked Heavenly Father to help me stay calm, be comforted, and trust that the intelligences of my body will work towards proper healing.

Fortunately, my skin cancer was diagnosed in its early stage so the procedure was simple and fast. The doctor numbed my upper back and scrapped the cancer out.

I am in a bit of pain with a burn sensation, and my back itches, which is the worst part because I absolutely cannot scratch the wound.

Today I wipe bathed, but tomorrow I’ll be able to shower without getting the wound wet. And I will probably ask Ale to help me place another bandage since the wound’s been bleeding a little.

The recovery process should be easy. I am not allowed to lift heavy weights for the next two days, and the wound should start healing in about a week. 

I’ve already scheduled a follow up appointment with the doctor to have my skin checked again in six months. But from now on absolutely no sun exposure without proper protection!

No comments:

Post a Comment