Sunday, August 11, 2024

Back to school feast 2024

Since I started nursing school I haven’t had time to do all the things I used to do. I feel like all I do is study, and that makes me sad, because I know although the girls have been great navigating these waters with me, they miss our old, good routine. So when I have a chance I stretch my schedule and energy to keep our traditions alive. 

School is starting again next week. The girls are very excited to meet their teachers and see their friends. They’ve been picking new outfits, shoes, and backpacks, and it is always my favorite part about back to school. 


Today we also did our back to school feast. Because I am running with finals this week, I asked the girls to set up and decorate the table while I cooked. They went around the house grabbing all “school themed” things they could find. 


They are so cute, and the table turned out beautiful. They are already practicing for when they have their own children. Per tradition, I cooked our family favorite Garlic Beef & Broccoli Lo Mein. During dinner we talked about goals for this school year. Bianca wants to improve her reading, and Giovanna wants to do better in math.

I can't believe these beauties are in third and eighth grades already!

No comments:

Post a Comment