Thursday, September 12, 2019

A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Today at the Public Library the girls found a little play going on at the storytelling wing and decided to sit and watch it while I printed a few papers.


For my surprise they were watching Shakespeare and his Midsummer Night’s dream. At first I was a little worried having the girls watch it (I wasn’t sure if it was kids friendly specially it was way past bedtime for them on a Thursday), but the troupe was great and funny, and a few other children started to arrive.


I am sure the girls didn’t understand half of what they were saying (which some times it was a good thing), but I was able to explain to them who Shakespeare was and some other stories he wrote. It wad a very instructive evening. 

*Follow The Grassroots Shakespeare Company on Instagram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment