Monday, February 3, 2020

Monday off- weather warning

Today around 5:30 in the morning I received a message from Alpine District and Mountainland Headstart saying school was cancelled for the day. National and local weather agencies had issued a winter storm warning forecasting heavy snow and dangerous road conditions.


When the girls woke up and I told them school was cancelled because of heavy snow, Bianca jumped from the bed and ran to the window to find... no snow! She was very disappointed. She loves snow.

I don’t love snow, but I confess I was a bit disappointed too. Friends from some other parts of Utah County posted several pictures on social media of inches of snow in their front yard, while we only got a few white sprinkles on our lawn.

I thought I would never say that, but it bothers me that here in Orem never snows!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment