Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Earthquake - quarantine day 3


This morning I woke up around 6:30am after Ale left for work and I went to the quiet living room to read the Book of Mormon. I’ve started reading it again, in English this time.

While I was reading it the walls started to shake. For a minute I thought it was my neighbor’s washer or drying machine, but it wasn’t. I checked outside to see if was windy, but even though it was raining it was not windy.

It took me a while to realize that that trembling could actually be an earthquake. I texted Ale who was at work already and I asked if he had felt it too. He did, but just like me, he didn’t think it was an earthquake.

It turns out it was an earthquake, and it came from Magna. Its magnitude was only 5.7 here in Orem, but it did some damage in areas like Salt Lake City which is closer to Magna. Business closed to evaluate the damage and employees had the day off.

I spent the day thinking about these last events, and about the future ones that will keep happening. I am not sure if I am ready for the them.


No comments:

Post a Comment