Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Disney Descendants Piñata

Giovanna turned seven years old and to celebrate we threw a Disney Descendants birthday party for her. This was one of the hardest theme Giovanna has picked so far. They don't have a lot of things from Descendants out there. 

After looking for a while I found some plates, cups and napkins from the movie, but I still had to come up with a lot of ideas to decorate the party.

Another hard thing to find was a Descendants pinata. To be honest I just found one and it was $25, which I would have paid for if it wasn't a square shaped pinata. When I saw it I immediately thought: "I can do that". And so I did. And it cost me $2.


 To make this pinata I used one of the boxes we had in hand. You can use any box you have in hand too, just make sure to tape it really good and make a hole on the top to put the candies in later on. 

Like this:


Also make two little holes to attach the rope to hang the pinata in the tree. We didn't remember until the pinata was about ready, so we had to work our way through.

Once your box is all set, cut the crepe paper into long stripes, then roll it and lightly shred the edges to make a fringe.


Before gluing the fringes, I covered the box with a purple paper to match. I used construction paper, but you can use any kind you have.


Then starts gluing the strips, fringed edge down. Glue a second row above the first one, and so forth. Do the same thing on the sides, top and bottom of the box. 

Since I was planning on gluing a Descendants image on my pinata, I left my front with plain crepe paper. I just put four fringed strips around my picture to make it more festive.



For the image, I printed two high quality images I found over the internet, and cut them in half in a way the two images would match perfectly -- Hands down to my husband who did this part of the job. Then put the candies in, and you are all set!


I hope you enjoy this tutorial. Feel free to post a picture of your pinata, or leave a comment with any questions!

**Also check how I made princess Elena of Avalor pinata.

No comments:

Post a Comment