Monday, September 7, 2020

Labor Day 2020- Covid-19 days 174-176

 I love camping, but I hate looking for campgrounds, specially because I never plan it ahead of time, and camping usually requires booking months in advance.

This is specially true on holidays. And it is very frustrating. 

I was looking forward to camp with the girls this Labor Day, but it didn’t happen. All campgrounds were F U L L. 

So, we decided to stay home and invite friends over to swim. Each day we had different family of friends, and it turned out to be a great holiday weekend. 


On Saturday we had the Matute family over. We stayed all afternoon in the pool. Then, we had delicious hamburgers and fries, and the kids played in the new sandbox and playground the HOA built in our condominium. 

My girls LOVE playing in the sand!

In the evening that day, the kids went back to the pool for a night swimming. This is the third time we go for a night swimming this summer.

Today, we had the Siqueiras over. Rebecca and I had tried to get together since before summer started. It took us a while, but we finally did it (before winter comes!). 

We swam, then we had an amazing dinner at Rodizio, a Brazilian Steak House. It was SO GOOD!

It was a long, fun weekend. The girls lived in the water, and they loved it. I also loved spending time with friends that are so dear to me.

(We definitely missed the Britos, who were in St. George and couldn't join us this time).

* * * * * * * *

Also, Happy Independence Day Brazil!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment