Thursday, June 21, 2018

Summer Project

Every summer I like making cute and inexpensive projects for the house. This time I am planning on hanging new frames on the walls and shelves in the kitchen and bathroom. I also want to make a project I saw over the internet to display my girl's arts. They have painted beautiful things that are currently hidden in a box.


 Also, I have finally upgraded our old door wreath I found a while ago at a thrift store for only $1. I bought flowers at the dollar store, and a cute wooded home sign at Walmart for about 4 bucks.

Here's how I did it: First, I planned my design. Then I cut the flower stem into five single pieces and with the hot glue gun I carefully glued the flowers on the sticks.



I also tied a knot around the stalk and the stick for an extra hold. Like this:


Then I glued the wooded sign and the remaining flowers. And this is the final result: a beautiful door wreath for only $7. They usually cost between $60-$110.


No comments:

Post a Comment